Canossa Hospital was founded by the Canossian Daughters of Charity in 1929. All along, the Hospital has had a mission focusing on quality holistic care to the community, in the spirit of Christ.
Since 1929, the Hospital has expanded from 16 beds to the present 148 beds. The Hospital provides services for in-patients, out-patients and ambulatory patients. It cares not only for the physical needs of the patients but also for their spiritual needs.
The Management of Canossa Hospital was passed on to Caritas-Hong Kong in June 1991. To improve the quality of services, Canossa Hospital, under the umbrella of Hong Kong Caritas, has undergone metamorphosis from a humble hospital to a high standard and well equipped modernized hospital. In the last eight years, the Hospital has torn down a section of the old building to provide a well-equipped Operating Theatre, Special Care Unit, a CSSD with T-Doc System, an independent Endoscopy Unit and a Maternity Unit, with an Operating Theatre for Caesarian Section and a fully equipped Clinical Laboratory Department.
The most recently renovated Departments include an Outpatient Unit, a Specialist Out-patient Unit, Department of Diagnostic and Imaging, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Dietetics, Infection Control Unit, Quality and Risk Department.
All departments are fully equipped with up-to-standard equipment and a complete new look to serve the people of Hong Kong.